14/04/2016

[Development trailer] Notes on recordings

I'm having a look at each of the videos and deciding whether its good or not, whether perhaps we need to re-shoot some stuff but this will probably after we've done an initial test trailer where we'll put it all together and see if it really needs to be re shot.

DSC_0020 Jurassic team introduction

To be honest we look bored, like Jen has said we basically get into an assessment mind set so we become very rigged and very monotone.

My introduction I feel is terrible it sounds like I'm bored and I just want to get it over with, possibly we just need to stick the camera on and just run through it a few times so we don't feel like were being assessed.

 DSC_0016 Rhys Interview

Video quality seems pixilated, perhaps we need to borrow a proper camcorder from Adam if we do as a team elect to redo some videos. Actually this could have been caused by the HD not loading on you tube

Rhys your speech is clear and I can understand what your saying but maybe a little fast. It does however and I know we ALL did this but it just look like your reading a script and not talking to an interviewer.

DSC_0015 Michael Interview   

Even though in the chat afterwards we talk about where I was looking after reviewing it again, it doesn't feel like I'm talking to an interviewer. It feels like I'm reading off somewhere because of where my eyes are looking they are aimed up and not to another person at the same eye level.

My speech could be perhaps a little louder and also like Rhys I feel that my speech was quite quick but we could just be trying to get through the whole paragraph in time that we have.


DSC_0011 Adam Interview

Adam I think you did a pretty good one in terms of body language and speech, though maybe a little fast but I think this came with trying to keep to the time limit so its not really a problem. Once again perhaps looking a bit too much at the script but better than myself

DSC_0006 Jen Interview

Probably nit picking at this but there is quite a bit of reflection in your glasses Jen of the light and windows in front of you. You could be a little louder, I can hear what you are saying but it still seems rather quiet. Though wasn't a bad interview



After looking at where everyone is looking in each video I think the general problem is that there is too much of an angle between where we are looking to where the camera is. Basically an interviewer would be right next to the camera so there should only be a little difference. Problem is were looking too far away to where an interviewer would likely be. Hopefully this diagram I drew quickly might help.  As always this is just my impression doesn't mean it correct you could feel different about them so we should talk about this at some point.


No comments:

Post a Comment